The greatest comfort you can find in life is in a relationship with Jesus. The truth is that He wants a relationship with you. He wanted it enough to die on the cross for you. Consider the following passages:
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). No matter what may have happened in your life, God loves you. Even if you aren’t really sure what you believe about God, He still loves you. And He loved you enough to send His only Son to die for your sin.
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). All of us have done something wrong. The most moral person still has lied, stole, or had wrong thoughts. Because of this sin, the Bible tells us that we are not good enough for God’s glory, thus…
- “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23a). The penalty of that sin is death. This is not speaking of a physical death, but a spiritual death, an eternity apart from God in a place called Hell, but…
- “The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23b). Because of Christ’s death on the cross, we can have eternal life with Him forever. We get to heaven not based upon our goodness, but His righteousness. Best of all….
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13). God made it as easy as asking. God loved us so much that He made it as simple as possible.
Simply pray a prayer like this:
God, I know that I am a sinner and, because of that sin, I deserve to go to Hell. I recognize that you sent your Son to die for me and I ask you to forgive my sin, come into my heart, and save me. Help me to live a life that will honor you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed a prayer like this, please contact us. We want to help you as much as possible in this new life. God bless you!